Tom, anyone? Question about PA_DS

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 10:19 am - Beverly, NJ
PA_DS was suggest to me at a recent support group meeting.  I can't find any information on it except for a few posts with pictures and meetups from about a year ago.  I live right over the bridge and would really like to get involved. 

Can someone point me in the right direction?
Janine P.
on 8/13/11 11:40 am - Long Island, NY
Are you apart of the facebook DS group?  If not, get on that and PADS has a separate group they can pull you into.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 12:19 pm - Beverly, NJ
I've looked for it on facebook.  I can't find it.  I feel so stupid about this too because I'm great at finding things. 
Elizabeth N.
on 8/13/11 3:00 pm - Burlington County, NJ
You might send Tom a PM. The group is not open to the public on Facebook, so it's not your fault you are not finding it.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 3:16 pm - Beverly, NJ
Thanks!
mrsannie
on 8/13/11 11:01 pm
 There is a support group in Willingboro, NJ.  I haven't attended it, and I'm not sure it's just DS, but if your interested...

http://www.drthin.com/schedule.htm

Now, I'm not sure if its a marketing thing they use for pre-ops as well, like "Hey, look how great this surgery is..."  But maybe someone can refer you to another group.

Good luck!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
Elizabeth N.
on 8/14/11 2:19 am - Burlington County, NJ
That is the regular all-comers monthly meeting for Lourdes Willingboro and the practice with which Dr. G. is affiliated.

The first part of those meetings is always an introduction to all the procedures they perform, and the second part is a presentation by one of the docs or staff on a prepared subject. It's a minimally interactive group and usually has large attendance.

Sometimes there are breakout groups on various subjects.

It's NOTHING like what the PADS do for themselves (which they don't get in any other doctor-connected meeting either).

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 2:25 am - Beverly, NJ
I go to those meetings already.  And although it might b nice for newbies I feel like I need more.  Well I don't need more but I want more.  The PADS do fun things and are super supportive of each other and damnit I wanna have fun too!  LoL

BTW Those groups are run by Dr Greenbaums office and are the same script all the time after the first half of the  meeting we break off and mingle.  I've met one person from these forums at the meetings and a bunch other of awesome DSers but I just don't have too much of a connection with the groiup on a whole.
NoreenRT
on 8/14/11 7:26 am - Warner Robins, GA
hopefully tom or ellen will see your post and bring you into the fb group. i think there is a group meeting at abington this tuesday at 7.  you should come. 
i pop in and out over the months when i can attend.  this group of ds'ers is a very strong and supportive group.  hope you can make it soon.  the real meeting is after the abington meeting at a local restaurant.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

kathy215
on 8/14/11 7:50 am
Noreen.

the support group meeting is Tuesday at Abington. I had asked when I was at my 6 month appt this past Monday.. It's regarding plastic surgery.. Are you going?